“I first went to sleep away camp when I was 7. My mom took on an extra job so that we could afford it. Every year after that, we figured out a way to make camp happen until finally, I was a counselor. I loved every minute of camp … even the difficult moments and today, I know how much the experiences have influenced me.
I strongly believe that today’s kids need camp more than ever before to get away from the pressured world in which they live. Camp is the perfect place for children and teens to unplug and connect … with themselves, each other and great role models.
The Camp Experience – DONE RIGHT – has the most potential to help young people become healthy, productive adults. That reality motivates me to continue my work … for the kids and for my mom.”
Joanna has earned a reputation for a pragmatic business style and ethical management. She has presented keynote addresses, seminars and workshops for industry associations serving diverse populations. Joanna has collaborated with day, resident, not-for-profit and private camps. She is regarded as a practical problem solver who seeks mission-supporting solutions that respect the individuals involved.
I would love to know more about your program and philosophy …
Email or call me at 760-619-3851
Representative Presentations and Consultations
- University of Southern California Alumni Association
- Western Association of Independent Camps
- Audubon Society
- YMCAs of New York, Los Angeles and San Diego
- Independent Schools
- Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
- National Wildlife Federation
- UJA/Federation, JCC Professional Conference
- Experience Music Project
- YMCA International
- American Camp Association, Tri-State and Regional Sections
- Christian Camping International
- Camp Fire USA
- United Methodist Church
- Girl Scouts USA
- Russian Association of Children’s Camps
- Boy Scouts USA
- Jewish Community Centers
- Senior Adult Vacation Centers
Camp Consulting Services also works with a variety of non-camp businesses including financial, hospitality and personal services.
- American Camp Association
- Girl Scouts USA
- Real Estate Broker Specializing in Camp Sales